Susan Hawkins, Recruitment Manager at RBC Royal Bank, talks about what she looks for in candidates for roles at RBC and provides advice on standing out in an interview and making a smooth integration into a new workplace.
Someone that comes prepared for an interview and has done some research to understand the role and our organisation makes a really strong first impression [in an interview].
In this video, Susan responds to the following questions:
- What are the current job trends and in-demand skills that you look for?
- What attributes make a strong candidate stand out in an interview?
- What do employers expect in the Canadian workplace from a new employee?
- What networking tips can you share with our job seekers?
- What is the importance of soft skills in Canada?